A research study offering cost-free research treatment for people who are suffering from adult separation anxiety disorder (ASAD), a new psychiatric condition. The goal of this study is to establish effective treatments for ASAD, based on what is known about the causes of separation anxiety and about treatments known to help related conditions. This study uses a computer game, questionnaires, and psychiatric interviews in order to determine any changes in symptoms due to research medication. All information will be kept completely confidential.
• Adult separation anxiety disorder (ASAD) is your primary problem
• You are between the ages of 18 and 60
• You are interested in receiving cost-free research treatment medication
All study visits will be held at the New York State Psychiatric Institute/Columbia University Medical Center at 1051 Riverside Drive in Manhattan
Procedures for inclusion:
1. Screening by phone.
2. If potentially eligible, a psychiatric evaluation, urine test, and clinical assessments to confirm eligibility (time estimate of two hours).
3. If eligible, research treatment over a period of 12 weeks.
Compensation: Participants will be compensated up to $300 for completing all study procedures during 8 visits to our clinic over a period of 12 weeks.
• You are pregnant
• You are currently on effective psychiatric medication