To get the most from your OCD therapy:
- Attend all of your therapy sessions; don’t give in to the temptation of cancelling.
- Be completely open and honest with your therapist; nothing is too terrible to tell your therapist.
- Do your homework between sessions.
- Give your therapist feedback about your progress.
- Keep going — even when it’s hard — to achieve the relief you deserve.
Learning to manage your OCD symptoms can be challenging, just like reaching any meaningful goal. But people who seek the right treatment and stick with it find that the benefits far outweigh the effort. Just imagine what it would feel like to get relief from your OCD symptoms. Holding that vision will remind you that there’s a wonderful reward for all your hard work.