Why Attend the ADAA Conference? Justification Tool Kit
Connections. Science. Practice. Training.
This conference is like no other in scope and depth. You will have unsurpassed access to experts in clinical care and research, opportunities to network with colleagues from around the globe, and take away experiences that will enrich your research and practice. Talk with people who share your interests and passions.
ADAA leads the way, bringing together a unique multidisciplinary community of basic and clinical researchers and clinicians with diverse backgrounds in psychiatry, psychology, social work, counseling, therapy, nursing, neuroscience, and more.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend This Conference
- Meet the leaders in the fields of anxiety disorders, OCD, PTSD, and depression.
- Build networks that last a lifetime.
- Access high-quality educational sessions.
- Acquire new practice strategies and techniques.
- Discuss complex cases and treatment of comorbid disorders.
- Apply empirically supported psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy interventions.
- Translate and disseminate new basic and clinical research.
- Connect with researchers from around the world to advance science.
- Use technology and social media to enhance research and practice.
- Earn CE or CME credits.
ADAA Justification Tool Kit
ADAA understands that budgets are tight and making time in your demanding schedule takes more coordination and planning than ever before.
Taking time away from work and home, even for continuing education, needs to be justified as an important tool for improving your value to patients, faculty, colleagues, and the overall mission of your practice, hospital, or university.
The Anxiety and Depression Conference 2014 is a can’t-miss event, and we want to help you persuade your employer, chair, or mentor of the same!
Below we have assembled some talking points and tips, as well as a sample justification letter.
Most importantly, if you need more information that would help allow you to attend, conference [at] adaa [dot] org (don’t hesitate to e-mail us. )
Talking Points & Tips
Try these to persuade your employer, chair, or mentor to approve your attendance at the Anxiety and Depression Conference 2014.
- Clarify that this is an investment in you—as well as your practice or institution. Talk about what you’ll bring back after the meeting, including new knowledge about research and patient care.
- Make sure you offer to share the information you will gain with colleagues, leadership, trainees, fellows, and students; a quick presentation could be an invaluable way for others to benefit from your attendance. Propose writing a brief statement about the conference for your internal newsletter or website.
- Share the preliminary program (available in December 2013) with those who approve travel. The wealth of sessions offered will help reassure them that this trip is all about education.
- Emphasize that this is a chance to earn valuable CE or CME credit that is essential to remain eligible for licensure and certification and keep you qualified to provide expert patient care.
- Point out that ADAA will put you in touch directly with vendors who exhibit at the meeting. You can network with these vendors and bring back new contacts that will benefit the entire organization.
We hope to see you in Chicago!