Free Online Series: Recognizing and Treating Anxiety Disorders
ADAA has partnered with QuantiaMD to help health care providers better recognize and treat anxiety disorders. ADAA board member Mark Pollack, MD, has assembled a world-class faculty to deliver a web and mobile educational series of brief interactive presentations accessible from your computer, smartphone, or tablet computer.
- View Panic Disorder, presented by Naomi Simon, MD, MSc: how the potentially disabling disorder can be controlled and successfully treated.
- View Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, presented by Eric Hollander, MD: a concise look at managing a disorder that is often treatment-resistant.
- View GAD, presented by Michael Van Ameringen, MD: how it often presents, how to quickly screen for it, and how to best manage it.
- View Social Anxiety Disorder, presented by Murray Stein, MD: an expert guide to recognizing this common disorder, plus how to treat and when to refer out.
- View Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, presented by Mark Pollack, MD: an expert review of PTSD, which affects a wide range of everyday people, as well as combat soldiers.
ISTSS Webinar Series on Traumatic Stress
The International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS) offers webinars for counselors, educators, marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, researchers, social workers, victim advocates, and students. ISTSS also has a library of CE programs and an Advanced Training Certificate Program.
See the schedule and more details.
Webinar Series on Generalized Anxiety Disorder
These six webinars provide a unique opportunity for health professionals to enhance their clinical practice and improve outcomes for their patients who have generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), especially women and older adults.
The program, sponsored by ADAA and Wiley-Blackwell, is for psychologists, social workers, counselors, and physicans. Its focus is effective diagnosis, appropriate selection of psychosocial and pharmacological therapies, comorbid physical and mental illnesses, helping patients understand GAD, and reducing the stigma often associated with mental health disorders. Discover more details. (CE and CME credits are no longer available.)
A web-based learning course: Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Website Offers Training and Resources on Military Culture
The website www.afterdeployment.org features a provider portal offering training, resources, and online tools to more effectively render treatment to the military community: descriptions, professional references, and scoring information for the site's 29 self-assessments; fundamental facts about evaluating and treating PTSD and TBI; client handouts; clinical practice guidelines; links to continuing education materials; and prepared briefings in PowerPoint format on a range of topics.
Depression and Anxiety in Older Adults
American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry: Not Just "Normal Aging": Managing Depression and Anxiety in the Geriatric Population