The Clinician Trainee Award offers an interactive learning experience to post-degree clinician trainees who have excelled in their performance in a clinical training setting. ADAA will give up to four awards, providing trainees the opportunity to attend the annual conference, meet with a senior clinician mentor there, and become involved with the organization.
- Complimentary registration to the ADAA Annual Conference
- $500 award
- Recognition at the Opening Session
- Assignment of a senior clinician mentor from the ADAA professional membership
- One-on-one case consultation with a senior clinician mentor
Award Criteria and Eligibility
- Trainees and residents who will complete their training/degrees by summer 2016 or have completed their degrees within the past three years
- Completion of at least six months of supervision in a clinical setting the previous twelve months
- At least half of the clinical work must be in direct service to patients with anxiety disorders (GAD, OCD, PTSD, panic and agoraphobia, social anxiety disorder, specific phobias) and/or depression
- Interest in becoming active and a leader within ADAA; address in your personal statement
- Winners must attend the entire ADAA Annual Conference
- Download the application to your computer.
- Type in all the fields, including typing your name in the “Applicant Signature” field.
- Save the document; rename it 2016_Awards_ClinicianTrainee_[YourLastName]; and e-mail as an attachment with your current CV.
- Have one letter of recommendation from a mentor, primary supervisor, or advisor mailed directly to ADAA, Attn: Awards, 8701 Georgia Avenue, Suite 412, Silver Spring, MD 20910; or faxed to 240-485-1035; or e-mailed as a pdf. The letter should include a description (500 words) of the candidate’s clinical skills in these areas:
- Use of empirically supported treatments
- Demonstration of clinical skill sets, such as combination therapy using pharmacotherapy and psychosocial approaches, CBT case-conceptualization
skills, and creativity in implementation of exposure tasks.
Questions? Send an e-mail.