Career Development Leadership Program
ADAA is proud to announce its new initiative, the Career Development Leadership Program, an intensive mentoring and professional development opportunity for early career clinicians and researchers.
When: March 26-30, 2014
Where: Chicago Marriott Downtown, Chicago, Illinois
An interactive learning experience, the program challenges thinking and encourages creative discourse about anxiety disorders, OCD, PTSD, and depression in a diverse, multidisciplinary community of professionals involved in practice and research. This highly participatory program features outstanding leaders in the field, who will initiate stimulating discussions that shape new ideas and ways of thinking about the future.
Free registration to the Anxiety and Depression Conference 2014 will be awarded to all those selected to participate in the program. A full day of small-group mentoring sessions and assignments of senior leaders to each awardee takes place on Wednesday, March 26; the leadership program continues throughout the conference, which concludes on March 30.
Participants will be grouped among three tracks: Basic Neuroscience, Clinical Investigation, and Clinical Practice; each group will be limited in size. Session topics will cover funding from NIH, PCORI, and private foundations; ethical, marketing, legal, and business considerations in clinical practice; developing careers that involve both practice and research; critique of research project ideas; navigating the academic and clinical workplace; and more.
Awardees will engage with mentors and peers throughout the year; some will present at the ADAA Annual Conference in Miami in 2015.
Application deadline: December 2, 2013
- ADAA membership
- Junior faculty or trainees, residents, postdoctoral fellows in psychology, psychiatry, neuroscience, or related fields who have received a doctorate or medical degree within the last five years; licensed clinicians
Selection will be competitive. Complete the application *awards [at] adaa [dot] org (and e-mail with your current CV.) ADAA must receive your letter of recommendation (via e-mail, postal service, or fax by December 2, 2013.
* Here’s how to complete and e-mail your application:
- Download the application to your computer.
- Type in all the highlighted fields, including typing your name in the “Applicant Signature” field.
- Save the document; rename it [YourLastName]_LeadershipProgramApplication2014; and awards [at] adaa [dot] org (e-mail as an attachment with your current CV;) letter of recommendation may follow separately.
Or send via postal service: Career Development Leadership Program, ADAA, 8701 Georgia Ave., Suite 412, Silver Spring, MD 20910; or fax: 240-485-1035
Contact for further information: cnemeroff [at] med [dot] miami [dot] edu (E-mail Charles B. Nemeroff, MD, PhD), Career Development Leadership Program Chair, Leonard M. Miller Professor and Chairman, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33133