When you join ADAA, you belong to the best place to meet experts in the anxiety and related disorders field, receive the latest research updates, and learn about new and effective treatment methods. ADAA members are a dynamic community of clinicians, researchers, mental health professionals, and students.
ADAA membership has its benefits. See what they are.
A critical part of the ADAA mission is to support research in the areas of anxiety, depresion, and related disorders. Find out about the ADAA Awards Program.
Three Membership Categories
- Professional member
- Trainee/Postdoctoral Fellow/Resident
- Student member
Join or Renew Now
1. Professional: $220/year: Apply online, renew online , or apply or renew by e-mail*, mail, or fax.
2. Trainee/Postdoctoral Fellow/Resident: $100/year: Apply online or renew online or apply by e-mail*, mail, or fax.
- Individuals who provide clinical services or conduct research on anxiety, depression, and related disorders
- Members must complete graduate training in their respective disciplines and (a) be licensed or hold an equivalent certification or (b) conduct research on anxiety and related disorders.
- Professionals must submit their licensure number and sign that they have no ethical violations according to their state and professional code of conduct and that they maintain state licensing requirement.
- Individuals are eligible for this membership category if they are actively involved in postgraduate research or clinical training in any discipline relevant to ADAA’s mission.
- To apply for membership, submit a letter from your institution or supervisor verifying your status as a fellow, resident, research associate, licensure trainee, or intern. Clinical trainees are not licensed or certified to practice. Individuals may remain active members in this category for up to four years only.
- Trainee/postdoctoral fellow/resident members are not eligible for listing in Find-a-Therapist and may not be nominated for open positions on the Board of Directors.
3. Student: $50/year: Apply online or renew online or apply by e-mail*, mail, or fax.
- Current full-time undergraduate, research assistant, or graduate student in a related field (medicine, psychology, social work, public health, neuroscience, counseling, etc.).
- To apply for membership, submit a letter from your institution verifying your status as a full-time student or research assistant.
*Complete the form electronically and pay via credit card. Here's how:
1. Download the membership application to your computer.
2. Type in all the highlighted fields, including typing your name in the “Authorizing signature” and “Print name clearly” fields.
3. Save and membership [at] adaa [dot] org (e-mail as an attachment. )