The Clinician Trainee Award acknowledges clinician trainees who have excelled in their performance in an internship or clinical training setting. ADAA will give up to three awards, providing trainees the opportunity to attend the annual conference, meet with a senior clinician mentor there, and become involved with the organization.
Application deadline: December 23, 2013
- Complimentary registration to the ADAA Annual Conference
- Recognition at the Opening Session
- Lodging for three nights during the conference
- Assignment of a senior clinician mentor from the ADAA professional membership
Award Criteria and Eligibility
- Graduate students in a supervised clinical setting as part of a graduate degree program in the mental health field (MA, MD, MPH, MSN, MSW, PhD, PsyD) or psychiatry residents in a supervised clinical setting
- Completion of at least six months of supervision in a clinical setting the previous twelve months
- At least half of the clinical work must be in direct service to patients with anxiety disorders (GAD, OCD, PTSD, panic and agoraphobia, social anxiety disorder, specific phobias) and anxiety and depression.
- Winners must commit to attending the entire ADAA Annual Conference.
The primary supervisor, department chair, mentor, or advisor nominates a candidate by completing an application that includes a description (500 words) of the nominee’s clinical skills in these areas:
- use of empirically supported treatments
- understanding combination treatments involving pharmacological and behavioral treatments
- demonstration of clinical skill sets, such as CBT case-conceptualization skills and creativity in implementation of exposure tasks
Complete the application electronically. Here's how:
- Download to your computer.
- Type in all the highlighted fields.
- Rename, save, and awards [at] adaa [dot] org (e-mail as an attachment. )
Questions? awards [at] adaa [dot] org (Send an e-mail.)