The ADAA Career Development Travel Awards are given to help early career professionals who have a research interest in anxiety disorders and depression, such as basic and clinical neurobiology, psychopharmacology, anxiety comorbidities, clinical psychology, genetics, neuroimaging, epidemiology, comparative effectiveness, multicultural issues, public health, as well as other areas. The awards also familiarize and engage aspiring professionals with the membership and work of the association.
- Winners must present a poster (not an oral presentation) at one of the New Research Poster sessions at the ADAA Annual Conference; all winners must be on-site.
- Complimentary registration to the annual conference
- $500 travel stipend
- Pairing with a senior research mentor at the conference
- Recognition at the Opening Session of the conference
- Recognition at their poster session and on the ADAA website
- Consideration to present abstract at the annual meeting of either ACNP or ABCT (Note: ABCT accepts up to three ADAA award winners to attend its conference; ACNP has no limit.)
Qualifying candidates may be any of the following:
- Students in training for postgraduate degrees (MD, PhD, MPH, MSW, PsyD)
- PhD-level researchers or clinicians who have received doctorates or completed a post-doctoral fellowship within the past three years
- Physician scientists or clinicians who have completed their residency or research fellowship (whichever occurred last) within the past three years
- MSW, MPH, or other related degree holders who have conducted research about or related to anxiety disorders within the past three years
Candidates must be the senior author on the poster abstract submitted.
Candidates will be judged on the following points:
- Quality, extent, and multidisciplinary nature of research
- Evidence of interest and commitment to field of anxiety disorders and depression
- Personal statement of future career in this area
- Interest in becoming involved with ADAA
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Follow the instructions online for the Career Development Travel Awards to submit your abstract, application, and curriculum vitae online.
- Submit your abstract only once under Awards, not as a poster abstract. Once submitted as an award, it will also be reviewed for a poster session.