The ADAA Travel Awards are given to outstanding early career professionals and graduate students who have conducted research in anxiety disorders, OCD, PTSD and depression, such as basic and clinical neurobiology, psychopharmacology, anxiety comorbidities, clinical psychology, genetics, neuroimaging, epidemiology, comparative effectiveness, multicultural issues, public health, as well as other areas. The awards provide an opportunity for applicants to familiarize and engage with the membership and work of the association. ADAA will give up to eight awards.
- We are pleased to announce a partnership between ADAA and the Andrew Kukes Foundation for Social Anxiety to support early career professionals. AKFSA will sponsor two Travel Awards focusing on social anxiety disorder.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2015
- Winners must present a poster (not an oral presentation) at one of the New Research Poster sessions at the ADAA Annual Conference; all winners must be on-site.
- Complimentary registration to the ADAA Annual Conference
- $500 travel stipend
- Pairing with a senior research mentor at the conference
- Recognition at the Opening Session of the conference
- Recognition at their poster session and on the ADAA website
- Consideration to present abstract at the annual meeting of either ACNP or ABCT (Note: ABCT accepts up to three ADAA award winners to attend its conference; ACNP has no limit.)
Award Criteria and Eligibility
Qualifying candidates may be any of the following:
- Students in training for postgraduate degrees (MD, PhD, PsyD, MPH, MSW, NP)
- PhD-level researchers or clinicians who have received doctorates or completed a post-doctoral fellowship within the past three years
- Physician scientists or clinicians who have completed their residency or research fellowship (whichever occurred last) within the past three years
- MSW, MPH, NP, or other related degree holders who have conducted research about or related to anxiety disorders, OCD, PTSD and depression within the past three years
Candidates must be the senior author on the poster abstract submitted. Senior author is defined for the purpose of this award as the individual who takes primary responsibility for the work and to whom all correspondence should be addressed.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have received this award, you are not eligible to apply again. Please see our other awards.
Candidates will be judged on the following points:
- Quality, extent, and multidisciplinary nature of research
- Evidence of interest and commitment to field of anxiety disorders and depression
- Personal statement of future career in this area
- Interest in becoming active and a leader within ADAA
Deadline: December 9, 2015
- Go to the online submission site for the Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Follow the instructions for the Awards.
- Submit the following
- Abstract Title
- Abstract: Include background, methods, results and conclusion (Maximum 350 words.)
- Career Goals: Brief overview of career goals and research interests in anxiety and depression (Maximum 500 words)
- Education and Training (upload CV)
- Recommendation Letter: Have one letter of recommendation from a mentor, supervisor, department chair, or advisor mailed directly to Anxiety and Depression Association of America, Attn: Awards, 8701 Georgia Avenue, Suite 412, Silver Spring, MD 20910; or faxed to 240-485-1035; or awards [at] adaa [dot] org (e-mailed) as a pdf.
- Please note that
- Applications must be complete by the deadline; Incomplete applications will be rejected
- You may submit only one poster abstract and application for a Travel Award.
- Submit your abstract only once under Awards, not as a poster abstract. Once submitted as an award, it will also be reviewed for a poster session.
Contact ADAA for more information.